Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update

Sadie's leg seemed to fix itself. She got better the next day and is back to her playful self 2 days after we noticed her limping. We figure she probably just had a bruise and was being a drama queen about it. She's so little that it bothered her that much. She loves her mommy. She will follow me around everywhere. As if on cue, when I turn off the shower and open the door she's standing right there. She'll lick my wet feet and then lick the shower, apparently the automatic water bowl isn't enough for her sometimes. I'll call her from across the room, and she'll enthusiastically come bounding over to me. She and Denver love to sleep on my chest, it's a little purr lullaby when I go to sleep :)

Paxton, was cleared for adoption. We were all very very happy. Now, Paxton can play with the other kitties! Cheryl asked if I wanted her to take her 3 back, and I said no because I'm getting attached. Kelly, our roommate is getting attached to Denver, so we're hoping that if we keep him around, maybe she'll adopt him :) But, then I was thinking, Paxton doesn't have a buddy. So I sent Wrigley back home with Cheryl. I got a report from Cheryl later that night that Wrigley and Paxton were playing already, yay! Since Paxton has been on his own the whole time he's been in our program, it'll help having Wrigley around to show him kitty things.

I haven't gone to any adoptathons in the past 2 weekends, I've been working. Erik sleeps during the day so he can't take them either. But hopefully, Cici and/or Bianca will get adopted this weekend. I'm dropping the two of them off at the facility, and going to the Apex Petsmart for our Fill the Truck event. We collect donations of pet supplies for our facility and for foster homes, hopefully this'll be a success!!!

No comments: